SCHEDULING THE WEDDING DAY
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS AS OF THE DATE OF TAKEN. NOTE: DURATION OF DOCUMENTS IS CALCULATED AS 180 DAYS.
Couples can get married on the second day after the date of the earliest application. Wedding day and time reservation is scheduled during the application as not to exceed 5 (five) months as of the application.
Registration and applications are between 08:30-11:30 in the morning, 13:00-15:30 in the afternoon.
Documents required in the marriage application:
If the couple is above 18 and one person among the couple resides in Kadıköy, it is enough to bring the following documents for the marriage and certificate of freedom to marry. Couple’s residence address should be registered in the Civil Registry Directorate's address-based KPS (Identity Sharing System. MERNİS (Central Civil Registration System)). Those who have no residence record in the KPS (Identity Sharing System) should apply to the Civil Registry Directorate.
1. Original and copy of the photo identity card with T.R. ID No and the latest marital status of couples. Identity cards that are worn, unclear embossed stamp and without T.R. ID No will not be accepted. IDENTITIES OUT OF IDENTITY CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RELEVANT LAW.
The parties must show their ID card with photo during application. If couples do not show their ID card with photo, the registrar does not accept the application. (Article 18 - Marriage Regulations)
2. Five passport size photos for each one. Photos should be shot as colored, open head from frontal side with civilian clothing in accordance with the principle of revolution and within the last 6 months in terms of demonstrating the latest face condition of the person. The application of women with headscarf is accepted if their forehead, jaw and face are clearly shown in their photo. PHOTOCOPY AND COPY PICTURES ARE INVALID.THIS KIND OF PICTURES ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED.
3. HEALTH REPORT FOR MARRIAGE taken from the Family Physician (INCLUDING MEDITERRANEAN ANEMIA) (report must be signed and stamped.)
NOTE: IN ADDITION, "MEDITERRANEAN ANEMIA SCREENING DONE" WRITTEN ON THE HEALTH REPORT FOR MARRIAGE SHOULD BE APPROVED BY THE FAMILY PHYSICIAN.
NOTE: If there is a situation such as age issue, waiting period to remarry after divorce or foreign marriage, the following documents are ALSO required:
4. Men and women who attained the age of 17 can be married with parent's permission or guardian or guardianship authority permission, and men and women who attained the age of 16 can be married with the permission of judge. Parent permission must be certified by a notary. If one among the parent (mother-father) is dead, his/her death will be certified with a registry record.
5. Women who has been divorced, whose marriage has been annulled or husband has died cannot marry again before submitting the court decree on divorce or annulment of marriage or 300 days from the date of death of her husband. However, if the woman gave birth before the expiration of the 300 day period or upon the court decree on shortening or removing this period, the waiting period for women is resolved.132nd Article of Turkish Civil Code No 4721 and Article 15/c of Marriage Regulations. NOTE: Finalization of the Family Court decree is required.
6. For foreign people, a document that indicates the person's name, surname, parent's name, date of birth, marital status (single, divorced, widow and etc.) and any marriage impediment and that has been issued and duly approved by the authorities or local representatives of the relevant state is accepted as a marriage license. Article 20 - Marriage Regulations
IN FOREIGN MARRIAGE, THE MARRIAGE APPLICATION OF THOSE WHO HAVE VISA PROBLEM OR ARE FUGITIVE (EVEN IF THEY HAVE PERMIT) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
7. Couples who will marry have to come together or the one who cannot come need to give a power of attorney to a person. For this purpose, a SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY must be received from the notary public, full identity of PROXY GIVER, HIS/HER PROXY and PERSON THAT S/HE WILL MARRY must be available in the power of attorney and "this power of attorney is issued to carry out the marriage procedures" statement must be clearly stated in this power of attorney. Article 17 - Marriage Regulations. Photocopy of ID card of the persons must be certified on the back page of the power of attorney.
8. Marriage declaration and other documents required to be filled are taken as printout from our system. Couples will only sign them.
NOTE: CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE AND MARRIAGE LICENSE OF THOSE WHO RESIDE IN KADIKÖY are provided by our Marriage Department from address-based KPS (Identity Sharing System).
For those who request for separation of goods, SEPARATION OF GOODS CONTRACT issued from the notary public will be put into the application file.
Women who want to continue to use their maiden name must tell their request to the registrar during marriage; their maiden name is taken from the petition system as printout and signed before the registrar.
THOSE WHO DO NOT RESIDE IN KADIKÖY CAN APPLY TO OUR MARRIAGE DEPARTMENT BY RECEIVING PERMIT FROM THE MARRIAGE DEPARTMENT OF THE DISTRICT OR CITY WHERE THEY RESIDE.FOR EXAMPLE; If the women resides in the European side and the man in the Anatolian side, both of them will apply to the marriage department in the European or Anatolian side together. COUPLES MUST APPLY TO OUR MARRIAGE DEPARTMENT TOGETHER EVEN OF THEY RESIDE IN DIFFERENT CITIES.
A PERMIT is issued to those who would like to marry outside the Kadıköy Municipality Marriage Department when they complete the requested documents.
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Article 22 - Permit certificate part of the declaration is approved and issued to the couples upon the request of them who have no impeditive condition and completed all the requested documents for marriage as a result of the examination of the file.
Couples who received such a certificate can marry with each other without the need of any further documents before the marriage authorities in the country or abroad.
You can get information on the requested documents for Foreign Citizens from our Marriage Department's phone 0216 542 50 02.
After the completion of the requested documents, couples will apply to our department to schedule a wedding day. Application made with missing documents is not accepted according to the law. Terms of Marriage Witness: Marriage Regulations
Article 22 - In order to be a marriage witness, you need to be adult and at the age of discretion and know the person that s/he witnesses the marriage.
Those who are not at the age of discretion and do not know the person that s/he witnesses the marriage cannot act as a marriage witness. Marriage Witness witnesses that the couple declares their marriage request freely, the identity of the person that s/he witnesses the marriage is valid and marriage contract is duly made.
NOTE: Those who will be the witnesses for the marriage must show their ID card with T.R. ID No. or driving license with T.R. ID No. when requested.